Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamProduct & Innovation
THIS IS YOUR JOB
Improving the working lives of millions of people by making accurate and actionable meaning of big data for organizational development. As a Data Scientist you will improve the understanding of employee needs, both inside and outside Effectory.
Your main responsibility will be to develop data-founded additions to our products and services. This can entail work such as data collection and (pre-)processing or performing different types of explorative analysis by using survey data, meta data, and web analytics. You can be creative in your approach, and you will make sure additional external data is added if needed.
We want to make use of our data in innovative ways and want to go the extra mile. You will contribute to this by constructing predictive or descriptive models that will help our clients better understand, interpret, and take action on their survey results.
Making data visible via dashboarding/reporting is important for the success of our product. Based on data that is being collected, and analyzed by you, you come up with innovative dashboards for our clients. Most of our data is quantitative. However, our surveys also generate a substantial amount of qualitative data from open ended questions. In this role it would make significant impact if you were able to translate open questions, by analyzing text, to meaningful data.
Effectory is growing and changing. Consequently, that means this role is not set in stone and you play an important part in establishing it in our organization. Not only by being creative and coming up with innovative ways of using data. But also hands on by actively participating in our agile way of working by defining features for product development.
THIS IS YOU
You are an experienced Data Scientist with at least 3 years relevant work experience. You have a master’s degree, with a quantitative character, like for instance econometrics, mathematics or data science. Next to that:
- You have experience with modern data-oriented tooling such as Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio, R, Python, Databricks.
- Experience in constructing models for analysis, prediction and recommendations
- Experience using business intelligence and data visualization tools such as PowerBI.
- Strong analytical skills and a proactive, results-oriented mindset.
- Good communication skills in English.
- If you have experience in the field of HR/Employee data that is a plus.
THIS IS US
Effectory is Europe’s leading employee feedback solution. With our platform, HR and management we collect employee feedback throughout the employee journey. This feedback is transformed into people analytics that informs strategies to boost productivity, engagement and retention. Built on 25 years’ experience, our 200 specialists in Amsterdam and Munich support more than 1,200 organizations in 110 countries. The platform provides surveys in 60 languages. Now more than ever, HR is an integral part of business strategy, which is why our feedback solution is tailor-made for strategic HR.
We are dedicated to improving the working world by giving employees a voice and making sure their feedback has an impact. Our experts work with HR teams and managers around the world, using employee feedback to overcome some of their biggest people-oriented challenges. From software engineers to HR specialists, every day Effectory’s people work to improve the working world, and we are looking for talented individuals who also want to be part of this mission.
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- An annual bonus scheme
- 25 holidays for FTEs, and flexible public holiday options
- A fun and interactive onboarding program to get to know our company and some of your new colleagues
- A learning budget to spend on your own personal development. We also provide extensive professional and personal development opportunities, and also organize yearly summer and winter schools
- Flexible working: you will be able to work max 60% of your contract hours from home (or any other location in the Netherlands and/or Germany)
- Budget to set up your home office
- Yearly Body & Mind budget to spend on anything that energizes (or relaxes) you
- Annual events, such as our Christmas party, summer party & the legendary Big Day
- Additional monthly compensation for working from home
- The option to work abroad for up to 4 months, and to take an unpaid sabbatical
- You get your birthday off work, and can also take a day to volunteer for a cause of your choice
The salary for this position is around 47.500 – 90.000, depending on your background and experience.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
1. You want this job: submit your application via the link below
2. We are intrigued: join a phone call to further introduce yourself and ask questions
3. We all think it went well: we now meet live to get to know each other a bit better
4. We like each other even more: you meet potential team members and get a bit of a pleasant grilling
5. We want to see you in action: you complete a case/assessment (if applicable)
6. The final hurdle: we agree on terms & conditions, we sign and you start!