Senior Data Engineer & Data Team Lead
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands€75,000 - €90,000 per yearDevelopment
THIS IS YOUR JOB
Effectory is Europe's market leader in the field of Employee Listening solutions. As part of the Product & Tech team our Data team work on the coolest and most innovative feedback software on the market! We are currently working on transforming our software landscape to a SaaS environment. Effectory is growing and we have big, international ambitions.
In this role, you will lead team Blue. This team is responsible for data pipelines of internal and external data into our data lake, for the creation of data-based products, data analytics requests and internal BI reporting. The team consists of 6 other members (data -engineers, -scientists, -analysts, Product Owner).
At Effectory, you get the chance to experiment with and use modern technologies. You have all the services of Microsoft Azure at your disposal such as Data Lake, Data Factory, Power BI, Data Bricks, Azure SQL, etc.
Together with the members of your scrum team you focus on delivering qualitative code by using code reviews, test driven development, continuous integration, and much more. Besides collaborating closely with our product owner, you also work with non-tech colleagues to improve the way they deliver to our clients. As data is becoming an ever more valuable resource, as the Data Lead you have a crucial stake in our company's success. Your leadership is pivotal in shaping the future of our software platform.
Responsibilities & tasks
1. Technical Leadership:
- Act as a hands-on technical leader, contributing to both the product platform and internal business information systems.
- Drive the development and implementation of scalable, efficient, stable and maintainable data solutions.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of data pipelines, ensuring data integrity, quality, and security.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure alignment with technical best practices and industry standards.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends in data engineering and data science.
2. People Management:
- Lead and inspire a multidisciplinary data team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Conduct performance evaluations and set goals for individual team members.
- Collaborate with CTO and HR for hiring, onboarding, and retaining top talent.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration between data science, data engineering, and data analytics teams.
- Bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring a clear understanding of data-driven insights.
- Work closely with product and business teams to align data initiatives with company objectives.
4. Quality Assurance:
- Ensure data integrity, quality, and security in all data-related processes.
- Implement and enforce data governance policies and best practices.
- Guard our SLA for availability, performance and response times.
THIS IS YOU
- You hold proven experience as a data engineer with preferably additional in-depth knowledge of data science.
- Strong proficiency with Python is a must, C# or Scala would be an advantage. This includes the ability to deploy, scale and maintain these in a production environment.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Strong understanding of data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
If you are a dynamic and experienced data professional with a passion for leadership, innovation, and driving results, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Data Team Lead at Effectory. Join us in shaping the future of data-driven excellence!
THIS IS US
Effectory is Europe’s leading employee feedback solution. With our platform, HR and management can collect employee feedback throughout the employee journey. This feedback is transformed into people analytics that informs strategies to boost productivity, engagement and retention. Built on 25 years’ experience, our 200 specialists in Amsterdam and Munich support more than 1,200 organizations in 110 countries. Now more than ever, HR is an integral part of business strategy, which is why our feedback solution is tailor-made for strategic HR.
We are dedicated to improving the working world by giving employees a voice and making sure their feedback has an impact. Our experts work with HR teams and managers around the world, using employee feedback to overcome some of their biggest people-oriented challenges. From software engineers to HR specialists, every day Effectory’s people work to improve the working world, and we are looking for talented individuals who also want to be part of this mission.
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary (range for this position is around: € 75.000,- € 90.000,- gross a year, depending on your experience).
- Annual bonus scheme.
- 25 holidays for FTEs, and flexible public holiday options.
- A fun and interactive onboarding program to get to know our company and some of your new colleagues.
- A learning budget to spend on your own personal development. We also provide professional and personal development opportunities, and also organize yearly summer and winter schools.
- Flexible working: you will be able to work max 60% of your contract hours from home (or any other location in the Netherlands and/or Germany).
- Budget to set up your home office.
- Yearly Body & Mind budget to spend on anything that energizes (or relaxes) you.
- Annual events, such as our Christmas party, summer party & the legendary Big Day.
- Additional monthly compensation for working from home.
- The option to work abroad for up to 4 months, and to take an unpaid sabbatical.
- You get your birthday off work and can also take a day to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
1. You want this job: submit your application via the link below
2. We are intrigued: join a phone call to further introduce yourself and ask questions
3. We all think it went well: we now meet live (or in a video call) to get to know each other a bit better
4. We like each other even more: you meet potential team members and get a bit of a pleasant grilling
5. We want to see you in action: you complete a case/assessment
6. The final hurdle: we agree on terms & conditions, we sign and you start!
Please be advised that we do not wish to receive inquiries from third-party recruitment agencies or any similar organizations.