Software Support Engineer
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct & Innovation
THIS IS YOUR JOB
Effectory is Europe's market leader in employee feedback. Over the past twenty years, our team of Software Developers has built the coolest and most innovative feedback software there is. We build our software with C#, .NET Core and Angular in an Azure Environment.
With this software, our customers can set up surveys and gather feedback among the employees of a company and find out how they feel about their employers. We work for major companies in the Netherlands and abroad, so these are big and complex projects. Our surveys are sent out to hundreds of thousands of employees that speak dozens of different languages.
Our software landscape consists of several in-house applications. As a Software Support Engineer you master all these applications and know exactly how they work functionally, but also in the back-end. Besides that, you know our processes and how they translate to our systems. You are in close contact with the Customer Success Managers and help them with the more technical aspects of their projects and you support them when they run into issues within our software. They are important users of our software and often need help from someone with extensive technical knowledge due to the complexity of our systems. In some cases, our colleagues run into a bug, a mistake or an error in the system and that needs to be - debugged, fixed, or escalated to the correct development team. In other cases, some things could be wrong with the project settings causing trouble for our clients.
By proactively checking the back-end of the system, you can see whether everything goes well and smooth and with your skills you can do quick fixes if needed.
In any case, you are like a mechanic that makes sure that the engine runs smoothly and, if needed fixes it. So, if analyzing problems, solving puzzles, and helping people gives you energy, then this job could be a great fit for you!
Tasks & responsibilities
- Solve problems before they arise by monitoring the back-end of systems.
- Work together with our internal colleagues to make sure that all customers can make use of our platform smoothly.
- Check configurations.
- Fix bugs and come up with suggestions for long term solutions.
- Attend sprint reviews and share observations.
- Advise on choosing the correct processes and settings in line with client needs and product vision.
THIS IS YOU
It is most important that you love to dive into problems and solve them. You troubleshoot in a structured manner and keep calm when things get stressful. Besides that, it is important that you have a proactive and service-minded attitude, can work in a team, and that you like to help people. You will have to learn your way around in our domain, which is complex. For this, you must be someone who knows when to ask for help and who is also eager to learn.
This position might be interesting for someone who is currently working in support and that is looking for a next step and who wants to work more proactively. Or for a Developer who doesn't like writing code all day, or a project manager that has a strong affinity with data and has experience with SQL. We're open to discussing the possibilities, what we require is that you are someone who possesses at least some of the skills mentioned previously, living in the Netherlands, speak fluent English, and have the personality to do the job!
THIS IS US
Effectory – Europe’s leading provider of Employee Listening solutions – is a thriving company with more than 200 entrepreneurial, young and ambitious professionals who help organizations to collect feedback and ideas from their employees. Our mission is to make the working world a better place. Based in the center of Amsterdam, Munich, Malmö and Cape Town, our multi-disciplinary teams collaborate with more than 1.200 clients in over 110 countries in ‘industries’ as varied as Retail, Production, Business & Financial Services and Non-Profit.
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary, the salary range for this position is 36.000 – 44.000 gross fulltime a year, depending on your experience;
- An annual bonus scheme;
- 25 holidays if you work full-time, flexible public holidays;
- Working from our wonderful office in Amsterdam overlooking the canals (during breaks on our roof terrace or company boat);
- Working flexible: you’re able to work max 80% of your contract hours from home (or any other location in the Netherlands). You get a budget to set up your home office and gear;
- Hybrid working from home compensation of 25,- euros monthly;
- Stay healthy & fit: healthy lunches, special snacks and Friday drinks, online yoga, mediation & HIT classes;
- Body & Mind budget of 25,- euros monthly;
- Annual celebration events such as our Christmas party, Rooftop party & the Big day;
- Structural transparent and interactive company updates about where we stand, where we are going while giving stages to teams and customers.
We organize yearly summer and winter schools to work on your development. We have extensive professional and personal development opportunities, on and off the job. And if all this is not enough, you can work abroad for up to 4 months and take a (unpaid) sabbatical!
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
1. You want this job: submit your application via the link below
2. We are intrigued: join a phone or video call to further introduce yourself and ask questions
3. We all think it went well: we now meet live (or in a video call) to get to know each other a bit better
4. We like each other even more: you meet potential team members and get a bit of a pleasant grilling
5. We want to see you in action: you complete a case/assessment (if applicable)
6. The final hurdle: we agree on terms & conditions, we sign and you start!